Friday, March 6, 2009

And we're off!


We're almost there!  22 hours down and 8 more hours to go (I think... the time changes are a little confusing).  But, we've made it successfully to Seoul, South Korea.  We left Gainesville this morning... or I guess that was yesterday... with no bumps or troubles.  With a few hours to browse in Atlanta, we prepared for our 15-hour flight.  We actually flew straight north over the North Pole.  India happened to glance out and see icy peaks.  I was asleep.  We then flew south over Russia and probably China, but avoiding North Korea.  A passenger told us that North Korea has threatened to shoot down any South Korean flights over their borders.

We flew on Korean Airlines and the service was excellent.  I have to say, the flight attendant's outfits are pretty cute, too (see right).  I had two meals, took a snooze, took an occasional lap and watched 3 movies to pass time.  Overall, it was good except for when I got nautious on our descent.  I asked the attendant for a barf bag and she gave me a huge shopping bag instead!  Thank goodness I didn't end up needing it!

Everyone is roaming the airport now for food and money exchange before our last flight.  This airport has free wi-fi and couches to lounge on, unlike Atlanta!  It's pretty comfy!  Whew, this is a long day/s of traveling.  Nap time!

--- Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment